Friday, September 6, 2013

Week in Review 9/3/13 - 9/6/13

Week in Review - What we learned in class this week (hopefully)! Although it was a short week, we were able to cover almost our whole unit on different types of maps and how they are used. Here is our week in review:

Tuesday, September 3rd - Lesson on how to use the scale on a map to find the distance between two different places.

Wednesday, September 4th - Lesson on climate zones and latitude lines and also time zones. The students took a "walk" through each climate zone and learned that the main factor that determines a location's climate is its latitude. There are many other factors that affect climate, but a location's latitude is what we called the "X" factor or main factor. A picture is included of the different climate zones. We also discussed time zones. If students have relatives in different time zones,  discussing the difference in time would be a great way to review this concept.

Climate Zones: Blue - Arctic / Polar Zone, Green - Temperate Zone, Orange - Tropical Zone
Thursday, September 5th - Lesson on population density. I really enjoyed watching this activity on population density as some students were able to spread out in the "rural" areas while other students had to stand on chairs and fit together in a tight space in "urban" areas.

Friday, September 6th - Last review of four types of maps definitions. Students had to write the definitions and check their notes to see how well they did. Students worked on their "One Last Vacation" project and unit vocabulary.

Students, enjoyed the week and I am looking forward to seeing you step it up on your test on Tuesday. Can't wait to see the growth from your pretest.

Post a comment on something you learned last week or a favorite activity. Post by Monday, the 9th.

Practice Quiz, pick the right map for the right purpose

Definition practice, example of one piece of the end of unit test

30 comments:

  1. I love how you found a way for us to learn about population density , but make it fun at the same time!!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with for next weeks lessons!!
    -McKenna P. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here. i also want to know what you're going to come up with. jody f

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite thing we did in social studies was population density when ever we got on the chair I was falling on Adia p. P.S this comment is from BRIANNA O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing me that Mr.A your the man like a BOSS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie W-M. I learned all about maps this week! It was interesting and I learned more about all my teathers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned how to find latitude and longitude i like the one last vacation project :) :P :D XD
    EMMA V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YEAH AND..... I LOVE THE POPULATION DENSITY THING
    . .
    o

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved doing the population density thing I was a building and I think Sam scared Caleb for life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked doing population density! I was part of of the CITY! Reilly D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked how you showed population density and how you used me and Kathlyn as example to show climate zone Taylor H.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned how to find countries on a map using latitude and longitude lines. Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned alot about population density



    #CALEB ADAM


    $$$$$$$$$$$$

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned how to find the distance between two countries. DeMya C

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked how you taught population density this week!!!
    -Tamarin G.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the population density activity and mystery photo Friday.
    Carter Schenck

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed being one of the people left in the rural area while everyone else was in the urban area. ANDRREW O

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed learning about population density
    Deveny M.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I learned that in the city because there are a lot of Jobs or resources there is also a lot of people. Grace J.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite lesson was the one where we went outside and learned about climate zones I love to go outside I hope we can do it more often

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes i also liked when we had the lesson on population density.
    Esther J.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i liked how we learned about population density Abbie S.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I learned about population density when I was in the city it was really crowded but then they ran out of resources in the farm lands so when that happened all of the people from the country came to the city because the city has a lot more resources then the country.Gabby M.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i learned about population density in a really fun way like what brianna said i was litterally A HUMAN HEADREST hahahahahahahaha if my name doesnt show up its adia p

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite part was the city and country people population thing!!:):) Taylor G.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the blog! I learned about maps and climates.
    Tristan C.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like how we learned how to name all the maps to there categories. Michael R.

    ReplyDelete
  27. like your blog! :) Tristan C.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mr.Adam are you gonna put the website for 9/11 like you showed us in class it looks interesting but it's also sad I hope no one will ever do anything that terrible again =( b-rad :3 (Brad W.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B-rad for your interest. The new post is up. All you have to do is click on the link in the text, called 9/11 timeline.

      Delete

Please be respectful and keep your comments appropriate for you and your classmates. Comments should be related to the topic of the post.